Wednesday, May 6, 2015

London's Calling

I signed up to become a member of Club Scrap a few months back.  Each month I receive a wonderful little kit to play with.  Love getting my little box of goodies every month and browsing through the papers and extra's that comes included.

When I received my "London's Calling" kit, I had no idea what to make with it.  I never travel and have never known anyone personally who travels that much either (at least in my family - lol).  But.... as it turned out, my niece's job sent her to London the following month.  Perfect opportunity to make a mini photo album out of this wonderful collection.

So here is my second Mini to share.  Love Love Love  these papers in this set.



 I decided to try a gatefold style.
I found it very difficult to get the front to latch so that the doors laid completely flat.
But I still love how this album came out.

I added Tim Holtz gears - and they actually rotate if you turn the bottom left one. : )


First page open
Viewing left side and Center.

The large photo is one of  the ones my niece took while in London.  I just printed it out and tucked it behind the words on the left.


 The left side of the page opens and has a pocket for tucking in tags and little journal cards.

I used a magnet closure for this side.





The right side flap has some embellishments that holds more tags.









 Going back to the center and next page I used more words to catch hold of tags, and journal cards.
 The page above I added a pocket to the bottom half and punched a lacy border design.

I distress inked everything.

There is a pull out photo matt on the right side of this page.  You can kind of see the numbered tab in the photo.
 Next page I made some diag. pockets and again used my punch to add some detail to the edge.
I only punched the center of these pockets as I wanted it to have a cut out look with a flat edge.








 Going on to the last page, it flips up.
A magnet holds it closed.
Again another diag. pocket and a small card embellishment to hold tags, etc. on the upper page.


This was a really fun album to make.  And it feels so nice and sturdy.  Just like a hard back book.  I was really pleased with this one and can't wait to do another gate fold in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.