Tuesday, May 5, 2015

Story of a Boy - 9 Style!

As promised in my earlier post I am sharing one of my first albums.  
This album was inspired by Shellye McDaniels Mini Album, along with the papers "suave-by-authentique".  You can find Shellye's example along with more images of these beautiful papers at " Authentique Paper Blog".
My inside pages were inspired by "The Story of a Boy" mini-album
 video/tutorial by "Super Happy Scrapper".  

I Called this album "A Story of a Boy - K9 Style".
I made this album for a wonderful friend as a gift when her Cocker Spaniel  turned one year old.  It can store tons of photo's, so I'm hoping it will allow her to add those special photo's for many years to come.

Front View;
The cover was kind of plain.  Being it's my first album, 
I hope to learn to embellish more with time and practice.  

I used my punch for the top trim, printed a dog bone on card stock, doubled it, and then attached it to a tag which I also printed on my computer.  I punched a hole in the tag, and inserted a grommet - so that I could tie the album closed with a ribbon closure.

Peeking Inside


Places for (Human) Dad/Mom .
And inside a fold out which shows his K-9 family and a cluster of his baby photos.

 Lots of pockets, tags, and journal cards,
along with folded cards inside of pockets and fold out pages.

 
 Most the pages are basically the same style, with different papers and embellishments.

 Each page set has a pull out photo mat for even more space for photo's 
(you can see the tabs in the photo to the left-above).


The Back was left fairly plain.  
But then, does a person really want to embellish the back that much?  
I just added a nice quote along with a tiny label.  
The video tutorial was  very good for beginners like myself. I would highly recommend it to anyone who is just starting out, or just wants to make a mini for their own.  I do feel that the ribbon closure was my biggest mistake.  It is hard to thread it through the little holes over and over.  So next time I use a ribbon closure it won't have to thread through the grommets.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments are always welcome.